Allegany Courthouse Addition and Renovation
Allegany County needed to bring their court into compliance with the Court Facilities Capital Plan Act of 1987. The existing courthouse is a three-story brick structure that was constructed in 1938. In 2002, LaBella Associates completed a comprehensive facilities assessment that included an analysis of the current and future needs of the Allegany County Court system. In 2005 and 2006, we prepared Court Facilities Plans to analyze different development options.
LaBella Associates has completed programming and preliminary design services, which call for a new 41,700 sq. ft., three-story addition. This will house court functions, the County Treasurer’s Office, and unassigned shell space.
The program for the renovations and addition were developed by examining the required adjacencies for specific Court and County functions, interviewing Department heads, and working closely with the Legislative committee and the Office of Court Administration (OCA).