On Friday, October 2nd, SUNY Brockport held a ribbon cutting cereomony for Lathrop & Neff Halls, now home to the college's state-of-the-art School of Nursing.
LaBella was retained by the State University Construction Fund to provide complete design services to rehabilitate the existing buildings. Lathrop and Neff Halls were built in 1951 and originally served as a student union and dining hall. Prior to the project, the buildings housed traditional classrooms, miscellaneous administrative functions, and the Office of University Police.
Before picture (above), renovated building (below).
University Police will continue to occupy the ground level of the complex in a renovated, accessible, new command & control center, but the majority of the building underwent significant redesign to create a School of Nursing that reflects modern healthcare and educational practices.
The design and engineering included enhanced technology, new windows, roof, interior walls and finishes, and building-wide MEP systems. State-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, group study areas, large group meeting spaces and swing spaces make Lathrop and Neff a prime example of higher education learning facilities. The project was designed to LEED Silver specifications, and is pursuing certification.
Check out Time Warner Cable News's story on the new facility, featuring video highlighting the instructional capabilities of the new simulation labs. Channel 13 also demonstrated the new facility. The Rochester Business Journal also covered the opening.
Above, a design rendering of the facility's main corridor, and the actual space, prior to department move-in. LaBella is proud to develop facilities in support of our community's next generation of nurses.