Siemens Painted Post Transformer Upgrades
Upgraded Substation Supplies Supplementary Power to Facility
LaBella was selected to provide engineering services for the replacement of three existing medium-voltage transformers with larger 7-MVA units to re-feed the existing main switchgear for Siemens’ facility in Painted Post, New York.
Services provided by LaBella on this project, which were performed via a design-build approach in conjunction with efforts by RESA Power and Schuler Haas, include the following:
- Engineering for new substations, including verification of the preliminary concept and development of the final design for distribution required for the new transformers
- Engineering of grounding grid for the new transformer location and for any required repairs/upgrades to the existing grounding system if the ground test results indicate deficiencies
- Develop conceptual layout for future equipment/gear in proposed area
- Provide layout/details of distribution from existing overhead gear to the new transformer location and back to the main electrical room
- Provide layout of new transformer area, including provisions for future switchgear, voltage taps/regulators
- Engineering for new slab/pad details for the new transformers, including oil containment
- Provide trench details for new distribution.
- Coordinate with the project team for preliminary analysis and evaluate options for replacement of the main switchgear to be able to utilize the full capability.
Featured Industrial & Manufacturing Projects View more